New Molise PR client, Fedora Lounge (712 N. Clark Street) will go hot for tots when they honor National Tater Tot Day (Feb 2) with a weeklong celebration of the much-beloved potato side dish beginning Monday, January 31 and running through Friday, February 4.
Although normally delegated to the side, Fedora will put the tots center stage, as they will feature a new appetizer each day starring tater tots. The inventive and delicious menu will kick off with the River North bar’s famous Tachos (available 365 days of the year), a fun dish that they describe as “Nachos, but hold the chips, sub tots.”
Schedule for the week (All dishes are $7):
· Monday, Janurary 31- Tachos: Everything you love about nachos but with tots instead of chips.
· Tuesday, February 1- Buffa-Tots: Tots tossed in Fedora’s hot wing sauce, served with shredded chicken, sprinkled with blue cheese crumbles and scallions.
· Wednesday, February 2- Tot-za: Pizza margherita with a twist, featuring tots as the crust and Fedora’s homemade vodka tomato sauce.
· Thursday, February 3- Arti-Tot Skewers: Tots add a new dimension to Fedora’s artichoke fritters and homemade moji sausage all skewered and served with red pepper remoulade dipping sauce.
· Friday, February 4- “People’s Choice Tots”: Fedora Lounge will open the discussion up to Facebook friends and regular customers who can submit their favorite “tot-cipe” to be featured on Friday night.
Also available all week for those who can’t get their fill of the fried tubers, Fedora is offering “Tots for Dessert,” with tater tots tossed with cinnamon and sugar, or “Tot Fondue,” extra crispy tots served with chocolate and marshmallow dips. Both desserts are $7.
Be sure to stay tuned to Fedora Lounge’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fedora-Lounge-Chicago/152021434812126) as they will be offering a daily tot tid-bit featuring recipes, little known tot facts, and video clips touting the tot.